Bazarr Community Plugin needs to be Updated

SlackerDude

Explorer
Does anyone here know if the Bazarr plugin is still being updated? Currently, I get the following error when attempting to install it:
"Error: bazarr_2022 had a failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: pkg error: - py38-pip :,py38-libxml2 : Refusing to fetch artifact and run post_install.sh! Partial plugin destroyed"
I am about to begin searching for a manual install procedure, as I wish to test how the thing works.

Our resident Plugin Enthusiast™ @danb35 will tell you all about how Plugins are here to stay for the long-term and why the error you encountered is extremely rare and unusual. To quote him directly: "Yo, everyone! Plugins rock! Gnarly!" -danb35

UPDATE: Nevermind. Consider "Plugins" on TrueNAS Core as unsupported (nay, "defunct") going forwards. Switch to manually created/maintained jails, or use "Apps" with TrueNAS SCALE.

Last edited:

danb35

Hall of Famer
I'm starting to feel like Beetlejuice:
beetlejuice_1280x720.jpg

SlackerDude

Explorer
Our resident Plugin Enthusiast™ @danb35 will tell you all about how Plugins are here to stay for the long-term and why the error you encountered is extremely rare and unusual. To quote him directly: "Yo, everyone! Plugins rock! Gnarly!" -danb35

UPDATE: Nevermind. Consider "Plugins" on TrueNAS Core as unsupported (nay, "defunct") going forwards. Switch to manually created/maintained jails, or use "Apps" with TrueNAS SCALE.
I do plan to migrate over to TrueNAS Scale before too long. I suspected that might be a thing I would need to look at once Scale started gaining traction. I have already confirmed the plugins I currently use are available in "Apps" in Scale, and now only need to check to see if Bazarr is as well.