py38-fail2ban :,py38-certbot : Refusing to fetch artifact and run post_in

a900

Cadet
hi .. ive also received the same error but for trying to install ESP home plugin. i too have tried to report the bug but it wont accept my credentials

bobhinkle

Cadet
I think the issue is that the command should be loading py39-fail2ban and py39-cerbot. running the command pkg install py39-fail2ban works but pkg install py38-fail2ban failes

asw2012

Contributor
same issue here. I've 12.0-U8.1 installed.

Liamrahum

Cadet
Hey everyone! I finally found a solution to the problem, the problem is with the last two packages of the plugin (They've been updated since being written on their GitHub page).
If you change the nextcloud.json packages to "security/py-fail2ban" and "security/py-certbot" (instead of py38-...), it should work just fine.

In case you don't want to mess with it, I forked it and uploaded to GitHub (and changed the README)
Enjoy!

bobhinkle

Cadet
I managed to get the problem resolved very easily. Log into shell for Truenas. change to the /mnt/POOL/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git/ file and edit the nextcloud.json file. I changed my from py38 to py39 and saved the edit. then just re-ran the update command on the plugins page

Ducktator

Cadet
I managed to get the problem resolved very easily. Log into shell for Truenas. change to the /mnt/POOL/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git/ file and edit the nextcloud.json file. I changed my from py38 to py39 and saved the edit. then just re-ran the update command on the plugins page
This worked for me, thanks!

a900

Cadet
Hey everyone! I finally found a solution to the problem, the problem is with the last two packages of the plugin (They've been updated since being written on their GitHub page).
If you change the nextcloud.json packages to "security/py-fail2ban" and "security/py-certbot" (instead of py38-...), it should work just fine.

In case you don't want to mess with it, I forked it and uploaded to GitHub (and changed the README)
Enjoy!
For the newbies ... is it possible to share the shell command needed to move the changed GitHub file. Personally not used shell before and keen to learn

cp or mv?

garytks

Cadet
is appreciate if can share how it works, i am totally no idea how to use shell command.

a900

Cadet
so ive manged to copy the file across using shell using this line ...

mv -f /NEWFILELOCATION/nextcloud.json /mnt/POOL/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git/nextcloud.json

im getting a similar error when trying to install the plugin for ESPhome i need to fix now

Ducktator

Cadet
is appreciate if can share how it works, i am totally no idea how to use shell command.
It's fairly simple.

1. Head to shell
2. Type cd .. to head to root directory
3. Type cd /mnt/YOUR_POOL_NAME/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git/ to navigate into our plugins folder
4. Type ls to see if nextcloud.json is there
5. Type vim nextcloud.json to edit the json file
6. Scroll down and change py38 to py39
7. Type :wq to save & exit the json file
8. Head back to plugins and install the nextcloud plugin

Video:

whipsplash

Cadet
i tried and i got
1657415259944.png

garytks

Cadet
It's fairly simple.

1. Head to shell
2. Type cd .. to head to root directory
3. Type cd /mnt/YOUR_POOL_NAME/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git/ to navigate into our plugins folder
4. Type ls to see if nextcloud.json is there
5. Type vim nextcloud.json to edit the json file
6. Scroll down and change py38 to py39
7. Type :wq to save & exit the json file
8. Head back to plugins and install the nextcloud plugin

Video:
Just fix the problem, thanks at lot.

wlindberg

Cadet
I reinstalled TrueNAS to go back to 12.0-U8 but I still get the same error. I wonder if it is the new nextcloud version that is the problem.

wlindberg

Cadet
Just fix the problem, thanks at lot.
That indeed fixed the problem, but i got another error at 90%:

Error: PLUGIN_NAME had a failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: Last 10 lines: Signature ok subject=O = TrueNAS (Nextcloud), CN = localhost Getting CA Private Key mysqladmin: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure. Warning: Since password will be sent to server in plain text, use ssl connection to ensure password safety. mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure. Partial plugin destroyed

I reverted the change back to py38 and changed the pkg from /latest to /quartly instead. It then installed the 23.0.3 version instead of 24.0.2

ee /mnt/YOUR_POOL_NAME/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git/nextcloud.json
"packagesite": "http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/${ABI}/quarterly",

iVan7

Cadet
Problem fixed
Thanks a lot!!!

Noodle42089

Cadet
I just cannot insert the 9 in the file. How do you guys do that? I get the line --insert-- on the bottom and i cannot write :wq