Problems with DTRACE in poudriere jail

oljas

Cadet
Code:
===>  Building for tcl86-8.6.12
/usr/sbin/dtrace -h  -o tclDTrace.h -s /wrkdirs/usr/ports/lang/tcl86/work/tcl8.6.12/generic/tclDTrace.d
dtrace: failed to compile script /wrkdirs/usr/ports/lang/tcl86/work/tcl8.6.12/generic/tclDTrace.d: "/usr/lib/dtrace/ipfw.d", line 1: syntax error near "in_addr_t"
*** Error code 1

Poudriere jail version 13.1-RC6.
When running chrooted got same result.

For some packages I can disable dtrace and it builds fine. But not for openjdk11, there is no option to disable dtrace.

Is there any way to get around this error?

orjan-

Dabbler
Looks like the same error that i reported here:

I was not able to replicate the problem when i installed freebsd13.1rc6 as host os and 13.1rc6 as jail, so i'm guessing that there is some sort of rebuild of truenas13.0 packages required to fix this.

orjan-

Dabbler
I've reproduced it failing on my TrueNAS 13.0 test system and confirmed working on vanilla FreeBSD head. So far don't know why.

@orjan- could you try to build for your FreeBSD 13.1 test system to use kernel configuration we use for TrueNAS: https://github.com/truenas/core-bui...e/build/profiles/freenas/kernel/TRUENAS.amd64 ? It would help to know whether it is again kernel config problem of something else.
I tried the following:
vmware workstation 16.2.3 build-19376536(latest as of 18.05.2022)
vmware config: freebsd 12 x64, UEFI

Rebuilt kernel with config:https://github.com/truenas/core-bui...e/build/profiles/freenas/kernel/TRUENAS.amd64
change to config:
comment out "device ixnvdimm # NVDIMM driver with sync over NTB"

Rebooted to new kernel

Added to make.conf:
DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=python=3.9 python3=3.9 ssl=openssl
OPTIONS_UNSET+= GSSAPI_BASE
OPTIONS_SET+= GSSAPI_HEIMDAL

Built sysutils/iocage from ports using portmaster

Created jail 13.1-RELEASE

and "dtrace -h" works on both host and inside jail

orjan-

Dabbler
Building the stock kernel source with that config with commenting out "device ixnvdimm" fails with error "config: Error: device "ixnvdimm" is unknown".
I tried building with mentioned config and source and "dtrace -h" works both on host and jail doing that. I did not rebuild ports after building against truenas kernel source

i have got same error trying to install iredmail into a jail. Do someone can explain me me how to sort it out? thanks

oljas

Cadet
i have got same error trying to install iredmail into a jail. Do someone can explain me me how to sort it out? thanks
Are you building from ports? If so i dont think it is possible right now. I have no problems installing from pkg. And since I need custom options, I have to build pkg in poudriere in bhyve. Sadly build is very slow, but it works.