FreeBSD 13.1

benz

Cadet
I updated the packages in some of my jails, and it turns out binary packages are only for FreeBSD 13.1, not for 13.0. This results in errors like the following:

Code:
# borg
ld-elf.so.1: /lib/libc.so.7: version FBSD_1.7 required by /usr/local/lib/libpython3.8.so.1.0 not found

FreeBSD ports also claims that 13.0 is unsupported, so even ports build from source need ALLOW_UNSUPPORTED_SYSTEM set. AIUI, I cannot update the jail to 13.1 because then the main system would need a 13.1 kernel.

Is there going to be an update to a 13.1 kernel for TrueNAS? Or will we be stuck with building our own packages for the foreseeable future?

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
If you are running TrueNAS 13 (you didn't state if you were) then upgrade your jails to 13.1

So when iXsystems eventually axes TrueNAS Core, are you going to change your username to "Docker"? :wink:

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
So when iXsystems eventually axes TrueNAS Core, are you going to change your username to "Docker"? :wink:
If you've seen my previous posts on anything Docker related you already know the answer to that one.