SOLVED Problem with upgrade from 9.2 to 11.2

Gryg427

Cadet
I have been using my FreeNAS for several years without any problems. Being "modern man" yesterday I decided to change the version and upgrade to 11.2. That's why I installed a new system on the same USB key without backing older version :-( :-( OMG ...
Now I can successfully install a new system, but I can´t see neither old disc. During installation, these messages will appear
> GEOM: ada0: the secondary GPT table is corrupted or invalid.
> GEOM: ada0: using the primary only -- recovery suggested.

I have read some stories like mine one in this forum, but I still do not know any good and simple consecution to fix that problem. Please, can anyone give me a step-by-step instructions? I have data on the discs, and I need save them. Thank you very much !!!

OS Version:
FreeNAS-11.2-RELEASE-U1
Processor:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 cores), MoBo Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2PV
Memory:
8 GiB
HDD:
2x 2TB WD20EZRX (they were as a mirror RAID)

Attachments

• freenas.png
    freenas.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:

joeschmuck

Old Man
I'm not the best person to answer this question but I'll get you started on posting some data for the folks who have more experience with these types of problems.

Open up a shell window and type zpool import and post that result.
While in the shell also post the output of smartctl -a /dev/ada0 and also ada1 (assuming you have ada1 since you said it was a Mirror).

In my tag line is a link to hard drive troubleshooting and it tells you how to diagnose errors so you can give that a look. Make sure that you have run a SMART Long/Extended test within the past 60 hours (use the hard drive hours counter for this determination) and if not then run it on both hard drives to ensure there is no physical damage to the drive. Note how long it takes to run a Long/Extended test and add 30 minutes to it, then return after that periodf of time and post the SMART results using the same command I provided above. We are hoping there is no issues with the hard drives.

If you physically moved your machine while you upgraded the operating system then you could have caused the issue yourself and it could be a cable issue. I don't want you to go down that rabbit hole just yet, do the things above and post the output.

Good Luck

ThreeDee

Guru

Gryg427

Cadet
Thank you for your help guys, afer reinstall is everything OK. Solved.