Problem with permissions new files/folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

hernanbozzano

Dabbler
Hello everyone!

I'm built my own freenas build few months ago that's working flawlessly so far, BUT i have some issues with permissions for new files/folders.
I've been searching over to check if someone else have had the same problem, with no success. Here is my storage map, its quite simple, 3 folders.

FREENAS folder ('root' can read, write and execute) - only 'root' can map this folder
PRIVATE folder located inside FREENAS folder ('root' and 'private' user can read, write and execute) - only 'root' and 'private' can map this folder
PUBLIC folder located inside PRIVATE folder ('root' and 'private' user can read, write and execute, 'public' user can read and execute) - 'root', 'private' and 'public' can map this folder

However, when 'root' user add a new folder/file into PUBLIC or PRIVATE folder, both 'private' and 'public' users are not able to read, execute, etc. (keep in mind that the system work the way it should with the present files when you click the "set permissions recursively")

According to what i've read, it should be something to do with the "Set permission recursively" option when you change dataset permissions, but i guess that applies for the present files, not the ones that would be created in the future.

I hope someone already had an issue like that and know the easy way to fix it. I would be very thankfull if someone can help me

Thanks in advance
Hernan

hernanbozzano

Dabbler
Were you able to figure this out?

Unfortunately, no.
However, i've found a workaround unortodox. I'll try to explain it as best as i can, keep im mind that my english is quite limited.

I'm using 0575 permissions for directory mask and file mask on SMB service, and 0575 permissions for on FTP service (both file and directory). Also, i've set up recursively 575 permissions on storage tab.

Its not the best solution but it does fit my need. I dont think this workaround will help you nor someone else because we all have different folder setups y this is my exceptional case. However, feel free to ask me for more details if you wish, its a pleasure to help!

I'll try to keep this thread up, the forum does have many high-skilled freenas users who should know how to fix this.

Best Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.