Potential Bug?

clifford64

Explorer
I think I encountered a bug, but I want to be sure. I am in the process of replacing all my disks slowly. I offlined the disk I was going to replace, took the disk out, plugged the new disk in, and then started resilvering. The pool went from unhealthy to healthy after the resilver completed. In the pool status, it shows the disk was replaced without issues. The disk in question is /dev/da8. However, when I look at disks, it shows that the disk is not apart of the pool.

I think it is just a graphical glitch in the gui, but I want to make sure.

1641661403723.png

1641661428710.png

When I edit the disk from the pool status page, it takes me to the same disk as da8. I am running TrueNas 12.0 U7.

NugentS

MVP
zpool status

Also, if you posted your setup we would be able to help you properly. As it is I would say the problem is because you have no CPU, no motherboard, no RAM, No disks, No HBA, No NIC and you aren't running any software

clifford64

Explorer
Here is a screenshot of zpool status.

1641663697040.png

In terms of Hardware:
Mobo: Supermicro X8SIL-f
CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1245-V2
Ram: 32GB ECC
HBA: LSI 9200-8i with SAS expander in pass thru - IT mode
Disks: Random assortment of 2TB trying to move to schucked 8TB WD Elements and EasyStores
NICs: QLogic 57810 10GB dual port

NugentS

MVP
Which version of TN?
If its Core 12 U7 then there is a dangerous bug that can offer already used disks as available for use

And thanks for the spec

clifford64

Explorer
Which version of TN?
If its Core 12 U7 then there is a dangerous bug that can offer already used disks as available for use

And thanks for the spec

Yes, Truenas Core 12-U7. Do you have a link to the bug page if this is a known issue?

Is there anything I can do? As far as the pool is reporting, it is healthly. I don't use hot spares or anything, but I have offline spares if any drives fail and need to be replaced.

I could also offline the drive and then wipe it and put it back in and resilver to see if it will show it correctly after.

Currently, I have 12 drives in a 6vdev with 2 mirrors per vdev.

NugentS

MVP
Its somewhere on Jira, its also in the list of fixes for 7.1 along with the usual broken graphs and a few others
But 7.1 isn't available yet

If its working then ignore it till 7.1 appears

clifford64

Explorer
Its somewhere on Jira, its also in the list of fixes for 7.1 along with the usual broken graphs and a few others
But 7.1 isn't available yet

If its working then ignore it till 7.1 appears
I believe it is working as zpool status, gui status, and all other status' for the pool itself show as healthy. It's just in the disk list, it doesn't show as part of the pool, but it pretty much has to be otherwise my pool would not be happy.

So is it pretty safe to assume it's just a graphical reporting issue with the disk lists?

Redcoat

MVP
So is it pretty safe to assume it's just a graphical reporting issue with the disk lists?
Did you try clearing your browser cache?

clifford64

Explorer
Did you try clearing your browser cache?
Yes, clearing browser cache, different browser, incognito window. It all shows N/A for pool within the GUI under disk list.

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
Please make sure you file a ticket so we can investigate properly. If it's a bug we will fix it right away.

clifford64

Explorer
Please make sure you file a ticket so we can investigate properly. If it's a bug we will fix it right away.
Can you please provide me with a link to fill that out as I have never done that before.

Redcoat

MVP
"Report a Bug" on the bar at the top of the page - you have to make a Jira account to report a bug (no charge!).
1641770704095.png

NugentS

MVP
mutter mutter, broken graphs, mutter mutter.
tongue-out-smiley.png

Just joking, there has been a holiday season and I suppose you are allowed some time off

I think you have already fixed this one anyway - we are just waiting for U7.1 to arrive as is traditional

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
Ha, no worries. We have a U8 planned with those fixes included, lands in a couple weeks.