Portupgrade cant be installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick779

Contributor
So, im rebuilding a 9.3 jail to test a few things, and got to the point after updating PKG and portsnap extract and updates, where I run cd /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/portupgrade/ && make install clean.

When I run that, I recieve
# cd /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/portupgrade/ && make install clean
"/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk", line 1038: Unknown directive
"/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk", line 1038: Unknown directive
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue

Anyone have ideas? I havent found much online regarding this specific error, but my search skills arent always the best.

joeschmuck

Old Man

nick779

Contributor
I suspect that you have some mis-match between FreeNAS, the Jail, and the Ports. I suspect this the issue so here is a link, please read though it. It may help even though it doesn't have your exact error message.

https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/trouble-update-ports-jail-after-9-10-upgrade.42250/
I was actually eyeballing that thread as well. Funny thing is that I tested the jail I was replacing, portupgrade works, I run portsnap fetch update, and I immediately start getting the above error. Ill double check the version, but I think it might just not be compatible with 9.3 anymore or something. Im not experienced enough to say though.

joeschmuck

Old Man
I have seen where I couldn't update anymore becasue the source material was no longer available. Not saying this is the case but little things like this will bite you.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.