Polish language on TrueNAS - how change/install?

grigoriii

Cadet
Hello,

i want to have Polish language on TruNAS admin panel, but when i change in System>General>Localization to Polsih is only change few words on this panel.

Any info about make this panel 100% in Polish language?

Best Regards.

Alecmascot

Guru
This was asked about Italian :

grigoriii

Cadet
OK, i make my first try with translation to polish language on pl.po file on github. Changes was approved, but how long take to update it in panel, any info?

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
It won't be updated officially until it's packaged in a system update. If you don't want to wait, you could run your PO file through a PO to JSON converter, and replace the JSON file in /usr/local/www/webui/assets/i18n. You may need to service nginx restart and service middlewared restart afterwards.

doi7ing

Cadet
Hello Mr. Samuel Tai.
I tried to change some translation clauses for lang ru.
I did it through the web interface and the command line in it.
Tried changing one line through Notepad ++. And copied it to the server back to the place where it was.
After that, I executed the commands that you specified in the command line and the web interface disappeared, or rather it is there, but it says: Connecting to TrueNAS... Make sure the TrueNAS system is turned on and connected to the network.
As I understand it, it is impossible to simply change this file? and now only replace it with handles via the console directly from the server itself?
Thank you for your earlier reply.

Last edited by a moderator:

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
@doi7ing, your description isn't detailed enough to tell me what you did. I assume you edited /usr/local/www/webui/assets/i18n/ru.json, correct? Did you verify the replacement file had the correct permissions and ownership? It should have permissions 644, and ownership root:wheel. You also said you used Notepad++. This file should have Unix line endings, and you may have inserted a Windows line ending within the file.