Plugins (Next Cloud) can not be installed

TrueNoobCore

Dabbler
I have been having problems with plugins since I got up and running. I managed to get Next Cloud installed but it was not working so I tried to reinstall and that failed. Now when I go to install any plugin, before I have the option to create a jail name or anything I am given the error:

Cmd('git') failed due to: exit code(128) cmdline: git clone -v https://github.com/freenas/iocage-ix-plugins.git /mnt/Pool 1/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git stderr: 'Cloning into '/mnt/Pool 1/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git'... fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/freenas/iocage-ix-plugins.git/': Could not resolve host: github.com '

after I press close on the error there is an endless loading circle that forces me to cancel out. I am very new to TrueNAS core, can anyone give me some instructions that could get my plugins working? Thank you in advance!

TrueNoobCore

Dabbler
Ok now when I just go to select plugins from the side bar it gives me the error:

[EFAULT] Cmd('git') failed due to: exit code(128) cmdline: git clone -v https://github.com/freenas/iocage-ix-plugins.git /mnt/Pool 1/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git stderr: 'Cloning into '/mnt/Pool 1/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git'... fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/freenas/iocage-ix-plugins.git/': Could not resolve host: github.com '

danb35

Hall of Famer
Your NAS doesn't have working DNS, which you can likely resolve by setting DNS servers. But you shouldn't be using plugins in any case:

TrueNoobCore

Dabbler
I have all 3 DNS servers set and an ipv4 gateway set but it is still giving me the same error.

Haha I saw that post about plugins as I was trying to research how to make them work. Are there alternative methods for getting NextCloud and maybe MineOS to run in TrueNAS core? or is there any alternative method to do wireless iPhone backups using TrueNAS Core?

danb35

Hall of Famer
Are there alternative methods for getting NextCloud
This is one of the busiest threads on the forum:

TrueNoobCore

Dabbler
Thank you for sharing! When I go to download the repository in shell I am given this. Am I downloading to the wrong place? I do not think I get what it means by "Download the repository to a convenient directory on your FreeNAS system by changing to that directory"

1680382364014.png

TrueNoobCore

Dabbler
When I go to create a jail it won't give me any options to select a release. It gives me no options to select from and makes it so that I can not move forward with creating a jail. I wonder if this could be related?

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Check your networking settings.

victort

Guru
This is one of the busiest threads on the forum:
And 100 times better that the plug-in.

You can delete your jail and reinstall it, and your data remains intact…

danb35

Hall of Famer
I wonder if this could be related?
Probably. Like I said, DNS is broken on your server. Can your NAS ping the DNS servers and the gateway you've set up?

danb35

Hall of Famer
Should my gateway be the same ip as my trueNAS static or no?
No, it should not. What is the IP address of your NAS? And your gateway? And the DNS servers? And how did you determine what to put in those fields?

TrueNoobCore

Dabbler
And how did you determine what to put in those fields?
I honestly selected random numbers. Where am I actually supposed to get them from...? XD I just selected different random numbers and it let me successfully install plugins.
I truly thank you for your help.
1680387313700.png

These are the new numbers.

danb35

Hall of Famer
I honestly selected random numbers.
No wonder they didn't work, then. It's highly unlikely that the addresses for nameserver 2 or 3 are valid, but your router likely acts as a DNS server itself, so that doesn't interfere. I'd suggest 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1, respectively, for those two.

TrueNoobCore

Dabbler
. It's highly unlikely that the addresses for nameserver 2 or 3 are valid,
It seems like it is working. If it is working is there still a need to change anything? I was able to install Next Cloud plugin and MineOS. MineOS is working perfectly and I have a server up and running.
Next Cloud though, when I go to log in says:
1680389046896.png

any idea why I am getting that wall?