Plugins cannot access internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdgenxr

Contributor
I've recently installed CouchPotato, Sick Beard, Transmission and Subsonic. It appears that CouchPotato and Sick Beard are having problems connecting to the internet as I cannot get any search results from them but I can connect to them from my network just fine. Subsonic has been configured and is working as expected streaming music to my mobile device.

Are there some settings that I missed or potentially the non-working plugins are using the wrong network device to connect to the internet?

jgreco

Resident Grinch
You probably need to provide some information about your networking setup. I can make a handwavy diagnosis that you've probably not correctly set up routing, i.e. if you log in to your NAT gateway (home users like to call this their "router"), you probably cannot ping your jails from the gateway. Fix your gateway's configuration if that's the case.

sdgenxr

Contributor
I can see and ping the jails from my gateway. I even defined the gateway within the jails under "IPv4 default gateway:" with no success. I have GUI access to each jail but it appears they do not have web access. FreeNAS is plugged directly into an Asus RT-N66U via two patch cables.

D

dlavigne

Are the IP addresses of the jails reserved on the DHCP server? Any ARP or IP errors in /var/log/messages?

sdgenxr

Contributor
I upgraded to FreeNAS 9.3, unistalled and reinstalled the plugins and they can now access the internet. Not exactly sure what the problem is but this issues is now resolved. Thanks for the help everyone!

hunter

Explorer
I had the same results using jails that were created before 9.3 and had been updated manually with pkg commands. They worked fine after I created a new jail for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.