Plugins not available after update - PLEASE HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiz

Explorer
There was an update to FreeNAS that I applied today. After the update, I couldn't connect to IPMI or FreeNAS. I realized I didn't have static IPs set (duh), so I assigned FreeNAS a static IP of 192.168.1.21 and a IPv4 Netmask of /24 255.255.255.0. I did this by going into the FreeNAS "Network" tab in the gui.

I was then able to access FreeNAS, but now my plugins aren't working correctly except for CouchPotato. I have no idea why that one works.

In fact, when I go click on available plugins, the usual list doesn't even show up, so that makes me think FreeNAS doesn't have access to the internet. What exactly have I done?

Final clue: "freenas ntpd_initres[2402]: host name not found: 1.freebsd.pool.ntp.org"
This is what prints out on the iKVM viewer.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
The problem would appear to be that you don't have a Nameserver (DNS) set up correctly. Suggest you set up in Network->global configuration, put in a DNS server.

Google's DNS is 8.8.8.8 and that works well across the globe.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
I see you have the new Skylake model X11SSH from SuperMicro.

I think a lot of people would be interested in your thoughts/reviews on the board, if you care to post them as a separate forum post.

Raiz

Explorer
The problem would appear to be that you don't have a Nameserver (DNS) set up correctly.
Thank DrKK. I was able to get it working. I'm not sure if it was setting up the Nameserver (DNS) as you suggested, or the 20 other things I tried, but I'm back to 100% after the recent update. =P I'm (obviously) still learning a TON about FreeNAS, CLI, and networking in general, but I'm getting there.

I see you have the new Skylake model X11SSH from SuperMicro.
I think a lot of people would be interested in your thoughts/reviews on the board, if you care to post them as a separate forum post.
I'm absolutely available to answer any questions and do any random tests that you guys might want to try. Use me as a guinea pig as you will. =) Where should I create a post? Maybe something with a title "All your X11SSH-F questions answered here!"?

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Thank DrKK. I was able to get it working. I'm not sure if it was setting up the Nameserver (DNS) as you suggested, or the 20 other things I tried, but I'm back to 100% after the recent update. =P I'm (obviously) still learning a TON about FreeNAS, CLI, and networking in general, but I'm getting there.

I'm absolutely available to answer any questions and do any random tests that you guys might want to try. Use me as a guinea pig as you will. =) Where should I create a post? Maybe something with a title "All your X11SSH-F questions answered here!"?
Based upon the symptoms you were saying, I'm 97% sure it was the nameserver that was the problem.

As for the X11SSH post; yes by all means. Go ahead and start one up in the "Resources" subforum, where @Ericloewe already has a post on the X11. This will be a welcome addition sir. Please tell us your exact equipment, and if you ran into any snags with the hardware or the installation. Also, mention the IPMI if you've played with it, etc. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.