PLEX - Storage issues after reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I set up FreeNAS on some lowend gear (1037U motherboard, 4GB RAM, 3x2TB HDD in RAID-Z) and installed the PLEX plugin. Works great. Fed it my video library. Best thing ever.

BUT - if I have to reboot the NAS box for any reason, one or both of the following will happen.

1) The mapped storage (symlinks) from /volume/jails/plex_1/media/<foldername> -> /volume/sharedrive/<media foldername> will come unmounted. (Unlinked?) I can remount them in the web admin control panel under jails>plex_1>Storage. (Select mapping, click "mounted", save.)

2) One or both of directories I created in the jail (<foldername>, in the above) disappear, and I have to ssh in and mkdir again, or use the console in webadmin.

It's not every time. The last time I rebooted, both of the folders stayed put, but one of the symlinks didn't mount.

Once I set it up again, it'll work like a charm. Has this happened to anybody else? Any ideas? Particular log files I should look in? I know a "jail" is sort of a VM. Is it possible the VM is coming up either before or after some system daemon on the main OS that is relying on it to do the mapping correctly?

Thanks,
Dave

D

dlavigne

Which version of FreeNAS? If it's 9.1.1, it may be a bug. If so, it should be reported to bugs.freenas.org and the issue number posted here.

Status
Not open for further replies.