Plex playback error after update (only Android / Fire Stick)

Grinface

Dabbler
Hi Guys,

after updating plex, I've got a playback error on Android and Fire Stick, not on Web. Error is "There was an error" :-(

Plex version is 12.2-RELEASE-p10, TrueNAS-12.0-U5.1

Mediathek is shown, title music is played but not the movie content.

Any ideas?

Grinface

What have you tried if anything? Have a look at the PMS log and see where the "error" is and whats causing it.

For me its something like /usr/local/plexdata-plexpass/Plex Media Server/Logs from inside the jails terminal. This is a guess if you have plex installed like I do, your command could vary depending if you have the plugin or not.

cat /usr/local/plexdata-plexpass/Plex\ Media\ Server/Logs/Plex\ Media\ Server.log | grep error | less should get you very close, the paths could need updating.

Use spacebar to scroll thru the results and inspect why these fail. Post the relevant information. It would be helpful if you produce a bunch of these errors from each device before you look so the timestamps are easily identifiable (at bottom).

Olivia256

Cadet
After the recent update, I've been experiencing playback errors exclusively on my Android and Fire Stick devices when using Plex. This is frustrating, as it was working perfectly before the update. Hoping for a quick fix or patch to resolve this issue.

pratik69

Cadet
After the recent update, I've been experiencing playback errors exclusively on my Android and Fire Stick devices when using Plex. This is frustrating, as it was working perfectly before the update. Hoping for a quick fix or patch to resolve this issue.
Can you please elaborate error? So they can fix it or count your error while fixing some other issues.