Plex on TrueNAS SCALE

georgelza

Patron
Hi all, got it installed, access via web interface, seeing media via interface.
But none of my iPad or iOS(Apple TV) can see any of the media.
We logging onto the server from devices using my main/owner login credentials.
I've gone library and Manage/Libraries and assign the various libraries to myself.

G

georgelza

Patron
some more information, if i access my plex server from a browser on the iPad then i can log in and i see my libraries. if i try exactly the same from plex app then i only see the default options (excluding my local libraries)

G

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
What do you see on the plex settings Remote Access page?

georgelza

Patron
it's disabled. as all access is on local network only.
G

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Then you can't use the plex service to see your libraries... all your devices need to have the server added manually via Settings | Advanced | Server connections...

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
You'll need to make sure you have set your local network in the Network | LAN Networks section too or all clients could be denied access via direct connection.

georgelza

Patron
hmmm... ok, will have to see how, as when i click expose it fails.
but then curious, it was never exposed previously as it was only locally accessed/directly from the app.
G

sretalla