Installing Plex Media Server fails on TrueNAS Core running in HyperV

sekellas

Cadet
Hey all,

I just purchased my first homelab server, a Dell PowerEdge R720 Server 2 x 2.60Ghz E5-2670 8C 192GB 8 x 2TB.

While waiting for the new server to arrive, I decided to try out TrueNAS Core. So I've installed it as a VM on HyperV with 2 processors and 32GB RAM, and through a lot of trial and error, got it up and running and even discoverable on my network, which was a huge win.

I wanted to try Plex because Im looking to move it off of my SFF Windows box and onto the PowerEdge I purchased.

I started watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=looBzNEtjDQ&ab_channel=EverythingSmartHome

I've installed Plex, made sure that mount points were set correctly. I've also set media files in the media folder from within Windows, so that when it's time to start up Plex I can verify that the media files are ported into Plex

I got into trouble at 8:49 marker, when I went to manage plex. Instead of it bringing up Plex Management URL, I instead got this:

NoPlex.png

I am not sure what I did, but I was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction. I've been researching this and tried to make sure that I did everything suggested in this thread: https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/plex-cannot-access-the-plex-web-interface.70851/

Any help would be super appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Scott

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Did you create a default gateway in both your VM and the Plex plugin's jail?

sekellas

Cadet
Did you create a default gateway in both your VM and the Plex plugin's jail?

I may not have done either. Ive currently shut down the VM so I can fix that in HyperV, but I am finding it difficult to locate where to create the default gateway for the VM. I likely will need to do similar for the Plex's jail. Trying to figure out one before moving to the next.