Plex media server mounted folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikkel G

Cadet
Hi guys. I sure hope I'm putting this in the right section, since I'm not entirely sure weather its a plug-in issue or a jail issue.

I'm running the plex media server and I have mounted my data directory into the plex media directory. This seems to be working for some time, but then suddenly it doesn't show whatever is in the folder any more. I have fixed the issue once by removing the mounts, rebooting, and then re-adding the mounts. Not really a good solution.

I have scoured the internet including this forum, but i haven't been able to come up with anything similar.

Just to clarify with some specifics:
NAS folder: mnt/nas/Media/
Mounted to in plex jail: /media

First it works great and i see data in /media but after some time (usually if i have been doing indexing on plex a few times) i suddenly don't have the data from mnt/nas/Media/ any more.

I have checked through CLI in the plex jail, and i don't see the data here either

Mikkel G

Cadet
A colleague suggested that its because i have 2 folders from the nas mounted into the same folder in the jail. I'm at work right now, but I'm gonna check it out when i get home. However i don't remember it being an issue through the freenas GUI..

Mikkel G

Cadet
Seems that my colleague was correct. When I mounted into separate directories, it seems to be working

Status
Not open for further replies.