Plex jail exit on signal 11

Andre Clarke

Dabbler
i started getting this (pid 5494 (Plex Media Server), jid 6, uid 816: exited on signal 11 message and now i cant access plex, server has been running for years without issues. every other jail works fine 5 jails running perfect, just plex having issues.

please help

Last edited:

victort

Guru
I suspect plugins will start to have more and more issues because of services requiring updates. Plugins are not being maintained anymore beyond just keeping them available.

That said, you should install plex from the script that I have linked to in my signature.

Andre Clarke

Dabbler
thank for the reply.......i am not running a plugin, i did my install from the script in the jail

victort

Guru
Even so, if the issue is with the jail, the doing the fresh install will solve it. Plex data is mounted outside the jail by default when using the script and creating the required datasets. That includes metadata.

reprazent

Cadet
I´m having the exact same problem. This all started happening in last 24 hours. Logs are full these:
"freenas kernel: pid 9541 (Plex Media Server), jid 6, uid 972: exited on signal 11"

I tried the "pkg update && pkg upgrade" and Plex started working. But then the error came back. Any ideas how to proceed?

reprazent

Cadet
Ok I got it working. Here are my steps if it helps someone:

1. pkg update && pkg upgrade - started working
2. ran pms updater script - stopped working
3. updated the plugin via Truenas UI (update actually failed) - started working again

So go figure. At least it´s working for me now.

victort

Guru
Ok I got it working. Here are my steps if it helps someone:

1. pkg update && pkg upgrade - started working
2. ran pms updater script - stopped working
3. updated the plugin via Truenas UI (update actually failed) - started working again

So go figure. At least it´s working for me now.
You shouldn’t use plugins though. They are not being maintained. They will just keep causing issues.

Check my signature for a better plex install.

reprazent

Cadet
You shouldn’t use plugins though. They are not being maintained. They will just keep causing issues.

Check my signature for a better plex install.
So it seems. Thanks for the information. I´m looking for the migration from Core to Scale environment so I need to install Plex again anyway. But maybe I will do this better plex install to Core one more time and migrate to Scale later.

alwu

Dabbler
i'm running plex that i installed via the plugin but i've been using the PMS_Updater.sh script to keep it up to date. today, i started seeing the "exited on signal 11" error messages and couldn't access the server. this happened after i ran PMS_Updater.sh to update to version 1.32.6.7371. for my server, the script downloads the FreeBSD-amd64 version of plex. i found the previous version of plex that i was running before the update, version 1.32.5.7210, in /tmp. i ran PMS_Updater.sh with the -l option to use a local file and pointed it to the older version in /tmp. now plex is running again and no more "exited on signal 11" error messages. so it seems like there's a bug with the 1.32.6.7371 version.

there's a thread about this issue in the plex forums. https://forums.plex.tv/t/plexmediaserver-1-32-6-7371-broken-on-freebsd/849348

Last edited: