Plex is using relay, remote access not working

Schann

Cadet
Hello all, please excue my dumbness, but for the life of me i cannot get this to work and is currently doing my head in.

I have the plex media server app installed on truenas scale (somewhat recently migrated from core) and when i go to access it remotely it take a while to connect, nothing bad but around 10 seconds. i recently discoverd that its using the plex pass relay as when i turn that off it will never connect and remote access says that it is unavailable all the time I am using opnsense as my router and have the bog standard 32400 forwarded through and the plex.direct added in unbound. Don't know if this is a truenas/plex issue or a opnsense issue but any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2024-01-04 21-35-52.png
    Screenshot from 2024-01-04 21-35-52.png
    18 KB · Views: 103
  • Screenshot from 2024-01-04 21-31-33.png
    Screenshot from 2024-01-04 21-31-33.png
    212.2 KB · Views: 109

Schann

Cadet
UPDATE: so it turns out my new ISP was using CGNAT and had no idea, really helps when there is no documentation about it when signing up. They are white-labeling another ISP (that actually has documentation) and i'm able to pay for a static IP which solved my issue instantly. I changed from core to scale around the same time that I had the ISP switch so for some reason, the OS change was what is what I was hyper fixating on as the issue