Plex Remote Access to Jail Issues

kjmatts1

Cadet
I was having issues with Plex recently with the remote access. Like a dumbass I tried to update the version of Plex and accidentally had to reinstall the plugin. In setting up the jail again I am having the same issues with the remote access inside Plex. I have the port forwarded on in my Comcast settings, a static IP address, and I can ping google from my jail no problem. Inside Plex, i cant connect to the network. For about two years this has been working flawlessly and nothing has changed hardware-wise.

I understand this is a common question but those things i mentioned were the fixing points for a lot of posts. I'm not sure what's stopping the remote access. When I add files, I can see them from the mount points i created but i cannot scrape any info from them. I am assuming this is related to the remote access issues.

Remote access like you cant watch your content? This is all going to be permissions related it smells like. If its me id make sure you have a user named plex and a group named plex added in your TrueNAS GUI. The most important part is to make sure the plex user has the USERID of 972. By default it will also create a plex group and this GID should be 972. When creating this user it asks if you want to join any auxiliary groups, here i would join plex to your main media group owner as well (media), but its up to you.

Then youll now have to give your new user plex access to all your files related to media, you do this in the GUI>Storage>POOL>DATASET>Permissions

This should fix you up.