Plex losing remote access randomly

ChrisReeve

Explorer
Good afternoon. I must say that I am getting tired of troubleshooting this buggy plugins-platform, meaning either they way freeNAS handles jails, or how the plex app is coded. All I know is that it is not user friendly, and it has lots of weird bugs that are hard to track down to its source. /rant.

I am randomly losing remote access to my plex server. This just happens for no apparent reason, after days/weeks of no problems at all. I am running freeNAS 11.2U7, with the newest plex plugin. I have plex set up to us DHCP, with all stock settings, except for ip4_saddrsel set to inherit.

I have tried setting a static IP, without success, then I never are able to get remote access to work.

For troubleshooting purposes, I have checked if I have double NAT. I do not (run tracert to 8.8.8.8 and check if the first two hits are local IPs, which they are not).

I have installed PMS on my windows desktop on the same network as the freeNAS box, which gets remote access flawlessly, WITHOUT port forwarding.

I have tried WITH port forwarding, and WITHOUT. I doesnt matter at all, I still lose my remote access.

Anyone else with similar issues? I am very close to just ditching the entire plugin, and just run it in a Ubuntu VM. I am getting sick of constant random bugs/unfriendly user experience, and lack of proper guides/support, that actually shows every step.

Edit: When I try to input a specific port, and check, I get remote access for about 5 seconds (green checkmark), before it reverts to no access). On my windows desktop, I get permanent remote access when doing the exact same steps, without actually port forwarding anything in my router. If I swap the ports, I get the same result, with windows 10 PMS being remote reachable, and freeNAS/shitty/plugin/jail/plex not being reachable.

wctschumy

Cadet
I get the same behavior. I just raised this in a separate thread but haven't gotten a response. Did you ever get it working?