Networking: access remote jail over VPN

Pitfrr

Wizard
Hello,

I stumble into a small networking issue and I was wondering how to solve it.
I'm not sure how to configure it and I'd be happy to have some insights.

Configuration:
TrueNAS-12.0-U6.1, X9SCM, Xeon E3-1220L V2 and 32GB of RAM
It is a remote system, connected on a LAN (em0 interface) with 192.168.0.x network.
The TrueNAS VPN client is running and provides a tunnel (tun0 interface) on 10.10.2.x network.
I connect to TrueNAS on the web interface from a remote LAN through the VPN, works perfectly.

Behavior:
I installed the syncthing plugin.
Then I start the jail and try to access syncthing's interface.
But I realize that the jail gets an IP address (on the epair0b interface) from the DHCP on the remote LAN (i.e. 192.168.0.x network)...
So I can not access it remotely, through the VPN...

Question:
My network skills (and understanding of the networking configuration in FreeBSD/Linux) are limited... :tongue:
But I think to understand that if I use DHCP for the jail network configuration, it gets an address from the remote LAN (192.168.0.x) but there is not routing between the VPN tunnel (on 10.10.2.x) and the local LAN) for the jail.

How do I configure the jail, so that I can access it through the VPN?
I tried to search on the forum but couldn't find anything related.
I also tried other network settings in the jail's configuration but it didn't change a thing.

In the jail custom properties, there is a checkbox "allow_tun"... not sure if this would help? Would this make the tun0 adapter visible for the jail? In any case, it is grayed out... so I can't check it.

I'd be happy to have some pointers, thanks a lot.