Access plugin web GUI (admin portal) through OpenVPN

user411450

Cadet
Hello,

I have a TrueNAS which uses OpenVPN client service and I have installed Transmission plugin. The VPN and the Transmission plugin individually work as expected. I can access Transmission's web GUI through LAN, but I'm unable to access it through VPN.
Is there a way to configure the VPN or the plugin in simple way that would allow me to access the plugin's web GUI (admin portal) through VPN?

The plugin is setup using NAT. I have tried using DHCP to assign it IP, but after that I was not able to access it at all.
I also found some guide that says to install OpenVPN client inside the plugin's jail, but I find that cumbersome, because I really wouldn't want to do that for every plugin I would install in NAS (e.g. Sonarr, Radarr, ...) and it would be prone to issues.
Also the traffic from the plugin is not routed through the VPN and I don't want to do that.

So my guess would be that I will have to setup some routing inside the OpenVPN client service, but I'm not sure if it is the correct way and I'm not sure how to do that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Specs:
TrueNAS-12.0-U5.1
Transmission 3.00_4

user411450

Cadet
ok, I have somehow managed to do that, but seriously... isn't there a way to use the same IP as the one NAS has?
I find connecting to plugin's web UI through jail's internal IP seriously strange.