Plex Getting Updated Anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visseroth

Guru
Hey, I've noticed Plex is out of date. Currently version 1.10 and the current release is 1.12. Is Plex getting updated anymore or is there a way to manually update it without starting over?

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
It depends on how your jail was created. What version of FreeNAS are you on and what version was the jail created with?

Visseroth

Guru
Used to use manual a while back. Had some problems, killed the jail and stuck with the plugin but it says it's on version 1.10.1.4602 and not reporting any updates.
Available plugins is reporting the same.
Thanks WebKnight, I'm looking into it.

Visseroth

Guru
I used WebKnight's suggestion, worked without a hitch.
Thanks!

TrashKing

Dabbler
Heres my output when I run the PMS updater according to WebKnights link:

Code:
root@plex:/ # ./PMS_Updater.sh -vv -a
./PMS_Updater.sh: /usr/pbi/plexmediaserver-amd64/share/plexmediaserver/Plex Media Server: not found
Using URL https://plex.tv/api/downloads/1.json?channel=plexpass
Downloading https://plex.tv/api/downloads/1.json?channel=plexpass
./PMS_Updater.sh: wget: not found
Error downloading https://plex.tv/api/downloads/1.json?channel=plexpass
root@plex:/ #

Whats up with that? Id like to get Plex updated:

27zb32a.png
27zb32a.png

Visseroth

Guru
open plex and go into your server settings and change it from Plex Pass to Public. I think currently their only releases are Public and Beta.
It's a wild shot, hopefully it works.

Likely set something up wrong. However I have said this before on other posts and I will say it again. Being on the latest version generally does not add anything nor break anything. If you are not having issues with it wait until an update is posted with either the plugin or pkg unless you actually know what you are doing.

People are so ANAL about updates now because Microsoft forces them to be taken and that is all they know. The problem being that updates can break things and trying to make things you don't understand work will break them worse. Chill out and carry on. Click ignore, skip or whatever. It will not hurt you nor mess up your system.

Now if you understand what you are doing and/or you have something broken that you hope will be fixed or it adds a new feature that you just have to have by all means go for it. Otherwise go whack your thumbs with a hammer and be hap

Went through the update process from Webnight and still have version 1.10...

According to nightshade00013, you're on point. Unfortunately, I am trying to fix a problem and, as usual, running into other problems.
Le sigh.

Last edited by a moderator:

sretalla