Plex folders are showing as empty

MrGoodLucky

Cadet
Hi, I know this thread has been posted many times before, but believe me, i have gone through all of them and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I'm a newbie to NAS's in general, I literally set mine up today.
I have installed the Plex Server plugin, I have set my mounts as
"Source: /mnt/SharedFiles/SharedFiles/media"
"Destination:/mnt/SharedFiles/iocage/jails/Plex/root/media"

(accidentally put two sharedfiles folders).

I have literally set the permissions for the pool, the media dataset and the four folders inside for all groups, including creating a user for userid 972, to full control.

I then set up my plex server and have the library locations point in the right direction, but it shows up empty in Plex.
So the folders themselves are visible and the content is registered within the pool (as it takes up space), but they don't appear in plex.
I tried adding a movie, and album, and a picture, but nothing.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

MrGoodLucky

Cadet
Ok, the only thing I didn’t try was manually inputting the separate folders to their respective destination.

For example, making the source: “/mnt/SharedFiles/media/movies” (I got rid of one of the SharedFiles folders, which may or may not be necessary)

And making the destination: “/mnt/SharedFiles/iocage/jails/Plex/root/media/movies"

For this, you need to manually type “/movies” after everything in the destination text in TrueNAS

Hope this helps anyone having similar problems.