Plex doesn't seem to be working well as a Plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

geopfarth

Explorer
So I loaded out my FreeNas server and built a PMC from the Plugin. The server seemed to be functioning well as I transferred all of my media from an old machine to the new FreeNAS system.

I am currently having an issue where video playback, even locally, gets messages about the server being unable to transcode the file, or the video stutters. There is almost nothing running on the server. When I display system processes I see no processor utilization by the FreeNAS and only a single Transcode process from the Plex.

These processors are Octa core and I have 2 of them, my old system was a Core I7-4770K, and I could run 5 streams at a time.

Did I somehow screw up the install of the plex server, or is it unable to access the rest of the system resources?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Plugin and installing from package are exactly the same thing. If you actually provided information we could help you. Freenas version and hardware are important.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

geopfarth

Explorer
Hardware and software versions are in my signature.
Running FreeNAS 9.10.2-U3
on
Dual Intel Xeon E5-2650 @ 2.00GHz
98GB Ram
8 x 4TB WD Red drives

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
You mentioned local video playback. How is this possible? What are your clients and their connections?

geopfarth

Explorer
AH, I misunderstood. I have an XBOX 360, and 2 Android XBMC boxes, plus a windows 7 machine. I was testing local (LAN Traffic) playback on the Windows box when I had the issue. I may have found one issue, I had tried to set the "Transcoder Temporary Directory" to point to the SSD I installed for Jails and temp files. I dumped that, and extended the transcoder default throttle buffer to 240 seconds and I haven't seen the problem recur.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
The default settings work best

geopfarth

Explorer
It might have been a drive failure that caused all the stuttering. I didn't see the email from the NAS till after I stopped fiddling with the Plex settings, but I dropped a disk and had a degraded array.

Status
Not open for further replies.