Troubshooting streaming Plex to a Samsung TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stubb

Dabbler
I'm wondering if anyone's successfully streaming Plex to the app on a Samsung TV and if so what configuration they're using.

I've installed the Plex plugin server on our FreeNAS Mini and am unable to stream to the client on our Samsung TV (UN60H7100). I'm running v0.9.11.16.958 of the plugin and am trying v2.002 and v2.001 on our TV. There's a GigE connection between the two.

I'm able to navigate the content on the server, but the app crashes within a second or two of playback starting. I've attached a log from when that happens. Both versions of the app do the same thing.

The videos streams fine to a web client (Chrome or Safari on OS X), and streaming from a MiniDLNA server to the TV's built-in DLNA client works great. So I'm confident that the video file (.mp4) is good.

The TV's built-in DLNA client won't stream content from the Plex server—it complains about an unsupported media type. Not sure what that's all about.

Attachments

• Plex Media Server.txt
    97 KB · Views: 584

Stubb

Dabbler
Never mind, unplugging the TV and plugging it back in again did the trick.

MtK

Patron
Are using the TV with the WIFI module?
I had issues dis-connectivity issues, until I plugged it with an Ethernet cable...

Stubb

Dabbler
We ditched the WiFi module a long time ago for a hard-wired connection. Night and day difference!

I'm told that Samsung apps run in the browser and caching issues sometimes necessitate power cycling the TV.

MtK

Patron
I'm told that Samsung apps run in the browser and caching issues sometimes necessitate power cycling the TV.
Told by... whom?

Bidule0hm

Server Electronics Sorcerer
On Samsung smart TVs the whole interface is in fact wrote in JS so it's effectively a web app running in a web browser :)

diedrichg

Wizard
Just run your DLNA app. Should be found by pressing the Media button. Sorry, I'm not at home to look at the remote.

Status
Not open for further replies.