SOLVED Plex, docker compose and Media storage

dnilgreb

Contributor
I am running a TrueNAS Core with a bunch of iocage jails, and I´m considering to move some (or all, depending on results) of them to a docker host I have running as a VM. Primarily as a learning experience, since I don´t know very much about docker. But also with the consideration of moving to Scale at some point. Maybe.

Anyways, I thought Plex seems like a good starting point. Using docker compose, how would I get access to the media I now have mounted in my Plex jail? It is shared over smb, so maybe I just mount it on the docker host? Or should that happen within the container? And how would I then get access to the files, that the user plex owns and controls? Should I create that user with the same uid somewhere on the docker host or container?
Or am I just nuts for considering this?

dnilgreb

Contributor
Oh, forgot to mention. I am also using portainer, so I guess I could create the volume for the share there? I just dont know how to make it work...

dnilgreb

Contributor
Ok, I worked through it. Wasn´t that complicated once I looked into Volumes in Portainer. Solved.