Plex and Emby not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wardy

Dabbler
Hi all

I am trying to set up FreeNas on a virtual machine before buying the hardware to make a dedicated server. I am running into problems with Plex and Emby. I would really like to have Plex running on the server, but when I follow the tutorial by the FreeNas team on Youtube, I am not able to connect to Plex even though it is installed and running. I then also tried Emby, but I get the exact same problem.

This webpage is not available
Err_Connection_Timed_Out

Does someone have any idea what the problem may be? I also set it up on my other PC, where at first I got the exact same problem, while later it somehow worked but the /media folder in the plex folder to which I mounted the dataset with my movies was no where to be found in the web interface of Plex.

Thank you :)

Wardy

Dabbler
Were you able to figure this out? If not, does your VM meet the minimum requirements listed in http://doc.freenas.org/9.3/freenas_install.html#virtualization?
I managed to figure it out in the end. One permission for the dataset that was mounted to the jail was not selected, and so the media folder was not accessible.

As for the connection error, I am not sure what caused it, but turning the plugin off and on again and rebooting the system seems to work. Fortunately it will keep working as long as no changes to the settings are made through the freenas web GUI.

Status
Not open for further replies.