Piwigo Plugin Error Message

Decided to try out the Piwigo plugin and got the following:

Error: piwigo had a failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: pkg error: - php73 :,php73-exif :,php73-filter :,php73-gd :,php73-hash :,php73-mbstring :,php73-mysqli :,php73-json :,php73-session :,php73-zip :,php73-zlib : Refusing to fetch artifact and run post_install.sh! Partial plugin destroyed

Don't want to pour hours into this. Was just wondering if anyone had any ideas.

TIA.

Alecmascot

Guru
Broken for me also... no solution yet

edit: may be tied in the messages about the php modules expiring....

Last edited:

GJSchaller

Contributor
I am running into this, too - googled alternate solutions, and came across this document, which also fails at installing PHP 7.3

It would appear that the plugin in the library needs to be updated to pull an active / more recent version of PHP.

AfroUSA

Dabbler
Hello there,
Sorry for delay in replying, but I'm busy at work away from home.
Over the coming weekend will take a look onto this issue. As GJSchaller mention l, it could be simple as pulling recent and active version of PHP.

Updated the piwigo.json with pull request to PHP7.4, please try now.

Take care, Thomas

Last edited:

AfroUSA

Dabbler
Well, 7.4 is old as well, I did change it to PHP80, but this will take a time to update in TrueNAS Plugin list. Hope next week will be ready.

OK, so PHP80 works well, will need to test this now. But at the moment only manual installation works:
Code:
 iocage fetch -P piwigo.json -n Piwigo

Before you need to fetch my piwigo.json from my github:
Code:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/AfroUSApl/iocage-plugin-piwigo/master/piwigo.json

than installation pass.

I did remore 'hash' and 'json' extensions, as this is included in php80, i think:rolleyes:

Last edited:

GJSchaller

Contributor
Be aware that although Piwigo itself works with PHP 8, a lot of extensions haven't been updated to work with it yet. I tend to run a very simple / light gallery, so I went with 8, but if you use a lot of extensions, you may want to go with 7.4 instead.

AfroUSA

Dabbler
I see, during installation I had an error with 'hash' when pulling php74, so decided to test php80.
At the moment on 8 all seems to be working...

EmperorMurfy

Cadet
I see, during installation I had an error with 'hash' when pulling php74, so decided to test php80.
At the moment on 8 all seems to be working...
It did install with a problem. The webpage doesn't seem to load now.