SOLVED Permissions problem AFP in 9.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a noob as far as 9.2 is concerned. Been running v7 for years. I can't seem to get my permissions set right on AFP as a guest (or for that matter anyone at all). I can mount the share and see files but I can't do anything but read them. My unix permission mask is 777. It says special permissions on my Mac (Mavericks) info and read and write for everyone. My CIFS dataset works fine on my Win7 machine.

Can anyone point me to a better to do than the manual?

Thanks

si_swordfish

Cadet
I have the same problem. I am new to Freenas and am trying things before I commit to buying 3x3TB NAS disks. I have just bought a HP Microserver and want to set up a NAS to share home type data - ie word, photos, videos. media streaming, - I also have a Crashplan account and want to try the new plugin before jumping into FreeNAS head first. I have 3 x Windows 7 PCs and a Macbook (Mavericks). I have set up 1 x 250GB disk as a UFP volume. (I will use ZFS when I have become familiar and am sure I can get to grips with FreeNAS.). I have set up a CIFS share and followed some online instructions on a basic setup. However I am unable to copy any files to the share from my macbook - I can access the share but cannot paste anything to it. I have not tried adding files from a Windows machine yet. When accessing via SMB I get an error message saying that I do not have permission when trying to paste a file. I have played around with permissions on the volume and also on the share but no joy. I have looked at the file permissions on the OSX side and I do have write permission for the files I have tried to copy/paste. I have also tried an AFP share and get the same problem. Have tried both as guest and also as my 1 named user. Still get the permissions error. Any ideas gratefully received.

si_swordfish

Cadet
I started again from scratch and I have succeeded in getting this working. i am not totally sure what I didbut I think it was to do with setting the volume ACL as Windows/Mac rather than Unix in the volume permissions tab. I have this set to Unix now and all is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.