Permission problems with SMB and Linux clients

DD4711

Contributor
Hello,

I have some problems with permissions on my SMB shares used by Linux clients. Hopefully someone can help me find the problem as i am currently stuck.

I'm on TrueNAS Code 13.0-U3.

There are two Users user_a (uid 1111) and user_b (uid 2222) configured in TrueNAS. Both are in primary group group_g (guid 3333).

Truenas config screenshots:
- Share ACL
- Filesystem ACL

There are two ubuntu clients with users which are identically to the ones on TruenAS (name, uid, primary guid). Password is different.

There's a share both user use.

The mounts of the share is done through fstab:
Code:
//nas/share /home/user_a/NAS/share cifs credentials=/.../.credNAS,iocharset=utf8,uid=1111,gid=3333,noperm 0 0

and on the other client:
Code:
//nas/share /home/user_a/NAS/share cifs credentials=/.../.credNAS,iocharset=utf8,uid=2222,gid=3333,noperm 0 0

.credNAS contain the credentials of the corresponding TrueNAS User.

user_a saves a file "test_user_a" on that share. user_b can read it but can't edit it.
user_b saves a file "test" on that share. user_a can read it but can't edit it.

ll shows on pc cli user_a:
Code:
-rwxr-xr-x  1 user_a group_a      0 Jan  7 10:39  test*
-rwxr-xr-x  1 user_a group_a      0 Jan  7 11:11  test_user_a*

ll on truenas cli shows:
Code:
-rw-r--r--   1 user_b     group_g   uarch      0 Jan  7 10:39 test
-rw-r--r--   1 user_a     group_g   uarch      0 Jan  7 11:11 test_user_a

-> That should be the problem. But why? Why is this file saved for group "read" and not "read/write"? Is that a ubuntu problem or TrueNAS problem?

Attachments

• 01 share ACL.png
    01 share ACL.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 97
  • 02 filesystem ACL.png
    02 filesystem ACL.png
    61.9 KB · Views: 108

DD4711

Contributor
Dear board members, may I bump my question? Maybe there's now someone who has an idea.

One additional behaviour: when I save a file in xed editor and then reopen it I get some seconds later a message from xed (translated by myself): "The test.txt file was changed on the drive. Do you want to reload the file?"

-> xed must get a notice from the NAS to give this message. But why is the file changed on the NAS? Nothing changed, also no edit time.