Perc H310 crossflash to IR mode

smok

Cadet
Hi All.
I know, that this is not the way you like it, I know. But I cant find any other place with peoples familiar so much with Perc H310 crossflashing. I bought an old controller and wanted to use it to build raid 5 in my windows machine. I had some problems with it, it hung every time just a few moments after computer stared. I wanted to upgrade firmware, but it was not an easy task as orginal software told me "Your computer is not Dell, i'm not going to update controller". So i found threads about crossflashing. I wanted to flash the device as it was described here: https://www.ixsystems.com/community...shing-lsi-9211-9300-9311-hba-and-variants.54/ and here: https://techmattr.wordpress.com/201...-flashing-to-it-mode-dell-perc-h200-and-h310/ . Bacically what I did was:

H310 UEFI:
  • Run the following commands in the DOS prompt:
    • megacli.exe -AdpAllInfo -aAll -page 20 Write down SAS address.
    • megarec.exe -writesbr 0 sbrempty.bin If this fails move on to next step.
    • megarec.exe -cleanflash 0
  • Reboot into UEFI shell and run the following commands:
    • sas2flash.efi -o -f 6GBPSAS.FW Reboot and return to UEFI shell.
    • sas2flash.efi -o -f 2118it.bin ##### This is the only change - I used 2118IR.bin not IT.
    • sas2flash_p19.efi -o -sasadd 500xxxxxxxxxxxxx

And now something strange: Disks are visible in system. Bui I don't get <Ctrl-C> prompt to enter the configuration utility. And now I'm stuck. Could anyone help me with this issue?
Thank you in advance
Smok.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
You didn't flash the BIOS. You need to use sas2flash again to install the BIOS image. Think it's "sas2flash -o -b <bios.img>"

smok

Cadet
Is it *.img extension? I haven't found any file with that extension in any downloads I use (Dell or LSI) . Maybe it's rom file? Like "FW2657A.rom" or bin like "H310.BIN"?

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Typically .img or .rom. Probably named something like "mptsas2" or "x64sas2"

smok

Cadet
It sounds like I have to use *.rom. Taking under consideration that I used LSI-9211-8i firmware, I assume I should use LSI firmware as well? Or should it be Dell Perc ROM from newest firmare update package....

Edit: You were right. I've used mptsas2.rom and it works. But one thing... There's no raid 5 :( Only 0,1,10. What a world....

Last edited: