I think I bricked my H200 trying to flash to IT mode

mauzilla

Dabbler
I followed the techmattr guide on changing my H200 to IT mode but clearly missed the boat and believe I may have actually bricked my card.

During the UEFI command:

sas2flash.efi -o -f 6GBPSAS.FW

I got the following error:

1660148325587.jpeg

Going into DOS mode, I tried both:

megarec.exe -writesbr 0 sbrempty.bin
megarec.exe -cleanflash 0

But in both cases the command would hang with the following output (I have to ctrl + alt +delete)

1660148422257.png

Giving it a test, I then tried to:

sas2flsh.exe -o -f 6GBPSAS.fw
s2fp19.exe -o -sasadd 500xxxxxxxxxxxxx (obvioulsy with the correct sas address)

Up to this point it looked promising outputting again the flash was successful and even allowed me to set the sas address, but after a reboot the card bootloader does not show during boot and I am unable to pick up any card even when trying to flash again:

1660148744884.png

Have I lost the card for good or are there other tools that can maybe locate the card by the sas address? It seems that the ROM is entirely missing

homer27081990

Patron
This is a rather hair-pulling situation for any tinkerer. But as long as it responds you may have a shot at reflashing the original firmware.
Also, you have a tab character there. Was that part of the instructions? Could it have messed things up by passing as an argument (long-shot). The most probable explanations are that either the pins were not correctly covered (or others were) or that you flashed an incompatible firmware. Good luck.