PCIe VGA passthrough

zac_baker

Cadet
Currently running a Ryzen 5 2600 server, trying to passthrough a GPU (AMD RX 550) to a Linux VM.

I have had a look at similar discussions, and have made sure to add the loader tuneable pptdevs with the PCIe address of the device, which allows me to select the device when adding it in the VM (before I did this, nothing showed up). However, even with SVM (AMD’s virtualisation implementation) enabled and explicitly setting IOMMU to enabled in BIOS (as opposed to Auto), I still get a validation error saying IOMMU must be enabled (See image below).

When running the command: dmesg | grep -e DMAR -e IOMMU, I get the following output:

pci0: <base peripheral, IOMMU> at device 0.2 (no driver attached)
ivhd0: <AMD-Vi/IOMMU I had with EFR> on acpi0

Could someone please advise if there is anything extra I need to do? As mentioned, I explicitly enabled IOMMU in BIOS along with AMD SVM, yet it appears to be an error with the enablement of IOMMU itself, so I’m a little stumped. Any insights will be greatly appreciated :)

TrueNAS - 192.168.1.111.png

Edit: upon running the command: acpidump -t | grep DMAR, I get no output, indicating there is no DMAR table present. Still no idea how to fix this - is it a hardware limitation of the GPU itself?

Last edited: