Paid Tech Support Assistance

Mrfix71

Dabbler
I recall seeing somewhere in the forums about paid technical assistance. Might be a good option for someone like me who is new to this niche and moves fast between many tasks in life and having pick up where I left off. Data can be critical or simply very valuable or non-replaceable. Same with an operational system that is relied upon. Having a voice or similar that can respond instantly and be focused on one situation at a time can be beneficial. There comes a time when your time is more valuable than money.

In my instance, I am spending way too many evenings on something that an expert could identify and fix quickly while being able to translate between a newb and expert instantly. I think it would be worth a a reasonable fee.

Heracles

Wizard
Hey @Mrfix71,

I hihgly doubt you will find a volunteer for this. To charge for advise would bring professional liability to the one who will accept the money. The cost of a professional insurance will be way above whatever you will be ready to pay for.

For such a professional support, I recommend you to buy a professional system designed and built by IXSystems, along with their professional support.

First reason is that such a professional support can be provided only on a known and trust worthy hardware platform. It is required to avoid a lot of trouble in the first place, to ensure one knows perfectly what he supports and more.

Second reason it that they do it as a business, so a lot of the costs associated with providing such a support will be divided among all of their customers.

If you are not ready to pay such a professional hardware and professional support, you are not ready to pay what is reasonable to pay for this.

As for protecting your data, know that no single system, professionally designed or not, professionally supported or not, can be more than a single point of failure. To ensure proper protection, you need the 3 copies rules as explained in my signature.

So again, if you are not ready to equip yourself in a way that will provide you complete coverage, so using multiple systems, you are not ready to rely on a system responsible of critical, non-replaceable data.