OwnCloud User sync/User folder access

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visseroth

Guru
Is it possible to sync the users between FreeNAS and OwnCloud so that if a user is created in one it will show on the other.

My second question would is would it be possible to point users in Owncloud to their appropriate user folder in FreeNAS.
IE
When user A goes to access his/her data is OwnCloud it accesses their data for them in their home folder /mnt/tank/home/A

Would it also be possible to make shares that are normally accessible to everyone as read only also accessible in OwnCloud to people that have been placed in the appropriate group?

The idea is to make files that are accessible via the local network also remotely accessible yet secured.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
The user thing might be possible, as I know there is a way to use an ldap backend for freenas. You might have better luck asking about this on the owncloud forums to see if it's even possible.

Using alternative folders for different users you could accomplish this with ownclouds external mountpoint app.

I'm assuming your question about shares is about CIFS? I'm sure it's possible by using FreeNAS shares and the external mountpoint app. In my experience owncloud works best when it's the only thing that can edit files that it manages. But, maybe the external mountpoint app has gotten better since I tried using it with owncloud 6.

Visseroth

Guru
OK, good to know. I will look into that some more.
Really I'd like FreeNAS to managed the users and Owncloud to sync with FreeNAS' user list so I'm not creating users in two different places and so I don't have files all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.