Owncloud Upgrade - Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexWhat

Cadet
Currently I was running OwnCloud 8.0.2 instaled thru plugin and when I try to update to the newest one 9.0.
All went smooth on the NAS side but when I log in to the Owncloud interface it ask for update so I did and then got error "update fail .....................".
Spent some time to find the solution but none was to find.
So I pieced solution together from different sources. (good I'm running this as a VM so I always have full backup).
So simple solution:
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE BACKUP
- login to the owncloud interface as admin and disable plugins (I left Update and Provisioning API)
- open shell in owncloud jail
- run this commands
# fetch "http://download.owncloud.org/community/owncloud-8.0.10.tar.bz2" - (that is the next update after 8.0.2)
# tar jxf owncloud-*.tar.bz2 -C /usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/www
# rm owncloud-*.tar.bz2
# chown -R www:www /usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/www/owncloud - ( just in case )
- log in to owncloud interface and click UPDATE - (fingers crossed, if it finished repeat the steps, fetch another update 8.1.0 then 8.1.3 then 8.2.0 then 8.2.3 and 9.0.0 (the display for plugin will not change in FreeNas 8.0.2) or the last update can be done thru plugin it will change some configs - on mine changed ports I had custom ones and in FreeNas Plug it will show version 9.
- enable Owncloud plugins - everyone will ask for update.

Note:
If you installed it thru plugin do not use OwnCloud update it installs files in different location /usr/local/not /usr/pbi/

Hopefully it will help somebody.

Last edited:

nivarox

Dabbler
I had 8.2.something installed and did this to upgrade to 8.2.7 which worked well. After that i tried to do this with 9.0.0. Now my owncloud configuration page is a blank page!? HELP!

There is a sweet write up on building Owncloud in a standard jail DrKk wrote HERE, a big UP to him for doing that, it is what I used when I started to get similar problems to yours. It may or may not be worth it for you to install OC in its own standard jail, only you can decide. I dont think the PBI's are very up to date these days, but I wouldn't really know either, I quit using them. As a matter of fact I have OC in a jail with my AMP stack and it works so slick. Just like I keep my Sonarr, CP, HP, and SAB all in the same jail, it makes the tasks that those apps do way easier to manage and set up. I routinely update those jails with a simple "portsnap fetch update && portmaster -aBd" from those jails' terminal and it takes care of everything, including OC. It is a little more advanced, but worth it. Adjust the portmaster flags as preferred.

Status
Not open for further replies.