owncloud plugin lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

szann

Cadet
Hello guys,
Still kinda new to this so bear with me.

While adding a new disk to freenas I accidentally lost my main volume. Imported the 'lost' volume and all data looked fine except that the users were gone, jails were empty and the owncloud plugin was also gone. Is there a way to reinstall the owncloud plugin and re-connect it to the already existing database?

Thanks in advance, Szann.

szann

Cadet
Hi Pirateghost,

What I tried was adding a volume using the volume manager thinking a second volume would be created next to the first volume.
Gave a volume name, selected the new disk, selected stripe (1 disk) and pressed add volume. The disk was empty so I ignored the 'data will be cleared'
After that I got a new volume but old volume was gone along with the jails, users and plugins.

Any hints would be appreciated.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
As long as you didn't try to extend your current volume, that is exactly what it is supposed to do (creating the volume next to the first). It should not have touched the original volume.

szann

Cadet
Agreed, I definitely did not extended the volume but I managed to get rid of the volume anyway.
I felt like a real dork but I'm sort of happy I had the right idea.
The 'damage' is done none the less and I would be really happy if someone could steer me in the right
direction on how to connect owncloud to it's old database again.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Well, for starters, where was your Owncloud database? In the jail that disappeared? Or on a dataset on your volume?

szann

Cadet
Well the install of owncloud was just as straightforward as can be.
The database is still on the volume in the owncloud jail folder.
I can see the jail folder in the volume but no entries in the jails tab.

upload_2015-7-28_15-44-4.png

upload_2015-7-28_15-38-8.png

btw thanks for taking the trouble answering me :)

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
I would make a backup of that jail storage as soon as possible, before making any attempts at reconnecting or reinstalling owncloud. Something isn't right here. I will suggest we wait until someone a little more knowledgeable on this topic comes along, before attempting any fixes. In the meantime, backup that owncloud jail as it looks like it has quite a bit of data on it.

szann

Cadet
Mmm, okay. Well, it is possible to rebuild in a worst case scenario, I have all the data elsewhere too but I just figured there would be some command line reconnecting hocus pocus. :\

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Well, I wonder if just reinstalling the plugin would automatically assign it to that jail location without renaming it. I am sure @Joshua Parker Ruehlig could enlighten us on the details of how to reconnect it. While I am fairly comfortable with jails in general, the plugins are a tad bit outside of my comfort zone to troubleshoot (not really sure why, lol)

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
The part of the owncloud plugin you need to save is the /media directory (files and database) and /usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/www/owncloud/config/config.php
I suggest you...
* back those up
* then try installing a second owncloud plugin
* copy those to where they should be (with ownership set to 'www')
* start the new instance

Status
Not open for further replies.