OwnCloud plugin with MySQL database

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickle

Dabbler
hello,
i am transfering my owncloud installation from a linux server to FreeNAS.
the problem i am having is with the database options for OwnCloud as a plugin.
the only option i have available is SQlite3. since my previous install was with MySQL, i would like to setup a MySQL database on the jail.

the error i get when forcing the MySQL database in the config.php file is:
"Could not find driver"

i have installed the following packages:
Code:
pkg install mysql55-server
pkg install php5-mysql

after that, I restarted the apache22 service but still only have SQlit3 as an option.
it apears that pdo_mysql.so is not present in /usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/lib/php/

according to some research, it should be available upon adding this to php.ini
Code:
extension=pdo_mysql.so

still no luck

any help is greatly appreciated

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Few things off the top of my head....

1. It sounds like you are trying to use the PBI with a few changes. If this is the case, I wouldn't recommend you do this. Generally, if you are wanting to make changes you are better off doing a portsjail and installing all of the software and setup yourself. You are likely to have major problems in the future when you try to do upgrades and what-not in the future. If you manually do all of the installation and setup then you'll be much happier in the future when upgrades are necessary.
2. Do you have a large number of users? Any reason you don't just recreate the users and resync the data with the new Owncloud?
3. You do have the option of taking your linux system and potentially running it inside a linux jail. You'd have to verify compatibility and such, but it may be much easier to go this route so you can literally just install your linux box in a jail. ;)

Rickle

Dabbler
Thanks gents, I'll go with building my own jail, was toying with the idea at first but figured id use the pbi as a shortcut. I didnt think long term, thanks for the insight.

NginX does sound like a good option, ill give that a shot. thanks Joshua

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.