Owncloud / Nextcloud Plugin not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomerJ.S.

Cadet
Hi Guys,
I'm new here and FreeNAS is new for me, so please apologize stupid questions. (But I'm familiar with Linux)

I installed the actual version of FreeNAS (9.10), that was easy and it's working. Then I tried to install the owncloud plugin.
The installation ended without problems. I gave the jail a storage for the oc media folder and everything was working. The website and the sync clients, everything fine.
But now the problem:
After a restart of my FreeNAS the website shows the text: Can't write to the config directory
I tried multiple times to install the plugins (owncloud and nextcloud), always the same phenomena.

Does anyone have a guess where the problem is?

Thanks Alex

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Full hardware specs and FreeNAS version please.

HomerJ.S.

Cadet
Hi
my specs:
Version: FreeNAS-9.10.2-U3 (e1497f269)
Plattform: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 245e Processor
1x 60GB SSD for System, 1 1TB HDD for Data
Nextcloud Plugin Version: nextcloud-10.0.1-amd64

Allan Wilmath

Explorer
I would check the file system permission. Sometimes people will use the recursive flag and change the permissions for the entire plugins, breaking the plug ins. It is also not great to share a directory as a file share and use it for something else at the same time.

Basically, the same kind of file system permissions you have with Linux. Maybe a little different because Unix tends to not stop you from doing something that the distro thinks is dumb. It is actually a really good idea to make a dedicated data set for the data of a plug in, and another for the config of the plug in. Both outside of the jail so that you can reinstall faster and backup the plug in.

HomerJ.S.

Cadet
Hi,
thank you for the tip. I made a dedicated dataset (I tried inside and outside the jail) and I only changed the owner of this dataset zu owner www and the group wheel.
But I dont´t think it can be permission problem, because the plugin is working properly after the installation. Even the filetransfer to the media folder is working. A stop and restart of the plugin does not matter, still working. The problem comes with the reboot.
Do I have to save all changes before the reboot/shutdown?

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Hi
my specs:
Version: FreeNAS-9.10.2-U3 (e1497f269)
Plattform: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 245e Processor
1x 60GB SSD for System, 1 1TB HDD for Data
Nextcloud Plugin Version: nextcloud-10.0.1-amd64
FULL hardware specs please per the forum rules.

HomerJ.S.

Cadet
Specs in Signature added.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
As I suspected. Not even remotely close to minimum spec, memory especially. What you are experiencing is exactly what lack of memory will produce.

You should do some research in the resources section at the top of the page on proper hardware and specification if you want to succeed with FreeNAS.

Status
Not open for further replies.