ownCloud 9.0.1 plugin - News app not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

entyrion

Explorer
Hi all!

I recently upgraded my ownCloud plugin to 9.0.1 and was trying to get the News app (RSS reader) to work. Once the OC instance was up an running just fine, I installed News in the apps folder via:

git clone https://github.com/owncloud/news/

followed by:

git checkout tags/7.1.2

which is the last version compatible with php5.5. However, the News app will not load after installing via the OC interface, with the log below. Any ideas as to what is going on and how to fix it? Thanks!

Exception: {"Exception":"BadFunctionCallException","Message":"lastModified is not a valid attribute","Code":0,"Trace":"#0 \/usr\/pbi\/owncloud-amd64\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/public\/appframework\/db\/entity.php(145): OCP\\AppFramework\\Db\\Entity->setter('lastModified', Array)\n#1 \/usr\/pbi\/owncloud-amd64\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/public\/appframework\/db\/entity.php(69): OCP\\AppFramework\\Db\\Entity->__call('setLastModified', Array)\n#2 \/usr\/pbi\/owncloud-amd64\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/public\/appframework\/db\/entity.php(69): OCA\\News\\Db\\Folder->setLastModified('0')\n#3 [internal function]: OCP\\AppFramework\\Db\\Entity::fromRow(Array)\n#4 \/usr\/pbi\/owncloud-amd64\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/public\/appframework\/db\/mapper.php(306): call_user_func('OCA\\\\News\\\\Db\\\\Fol...', Array)\n#5 \/usr\/pbi\/owncloud-amd64\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/public\/appframework\/db\/mapper.php(325): OCP\\AppFramework\\Db\\Mapper->mapRowToEntity(Array)\n#6 \/usr\/pbi\/owncloud-amd64\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/news\/db\/foldermapper.php(40): OCP\\AppFramework\\Db\\Mapper->findEntities('SELECT * FROM `...', Array)\n#7 \/usr\/pbi\/owncloud-amd64\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/news\/service\/folderservice.php(48): OCA\\News\\Db\\FolderMapper->findAllFromUser('alex')\n#8 \/usr\/pbi\/owncloud-amd64\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/news\/controller\/foldercontroller.php(55): OCA\\News\\Service\\FolderService->findAll('alex')\n#9 [internal function]: OCA\\News\\Controller\\FolderController->index()\n#10 \/usr\/pbi\/owncloud-amd64\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/appframework\/http\/dispatcher.php(159): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#11 \/usr\/pbi\/owncloud-amd64\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/appframework\/http\/dispatcher.php(89): OC\\AppFramework\\Http\\Dispatcher->executeController(Object(OCA\\News\\Controller\\FolderController), 'index')\n#12 \/usr\/pbi\/owncloud-amd64\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/appframework\/app.php(110): OC\\AppFramework\\Http\\Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(OCA\\News\\Controller\\FolderController), 'index')\n#13 \/usr\/pbi\/owncloud-amd64\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/appframework\/routing\/routeactionhandler.php(45): OC\\AppFramework\\App::main('FolderControlle...', 'index', Object(OC\\AppFramework\\DependencyInjection\\DIContainer), Array)\n#14 [internal function]: OC\\AppFramework\\routing\\RouteActionHandler->__invoke(Array)\n#15 \/usr\/pbi\/owncloud-amd64\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/route\/router.php(276): call_user_func(Object(OC\\AppFramework\\routing\\RouteActionHandler), Array)\n#16 \/usr\/pbi\/owncloud-amd64\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/base.php(882): OC\\Route\\Router->match('\/apps\/news\/fold...')\n#17 \/usr\/pbi\/owncloud-amd64\/www\/owncloud\/index.php(39): OC::handleRequest()\n#18 {main}","File":"\/usr\/pbi\/owncloud-amd64\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/public\/appframework\/db\/entity.php","Line":114}

D

dlavigne

Were you able to resolve this? If not, what is the system build (from System -> Information)?

entyrion

Explorer
Thanks for following up! I believe the issue was related to downgrading the News app release. I had initially installed app version 8.x and tried to roll back to 7.x via git tags. My resolution was to reinstall the ownCloud plugin from scratch, but to specifically install the News app thusly:

git clone https://github.com/owncloud/news

cd news

git checkout tags/7.1.2 [latest version compatible with php5.5]

Enable from web interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.