Option to enable SSH in Jails

Status
Not open for further replies.

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
It would be very helpful to have a checkbox option to enable ssh access into the plugin jails.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
Thanks for the info.

You are right that it's simple. I copied the steps you took and am listing them here for future reference.

passwd
pkg install nano
nano /etc/ssh/sshd_config
PermitRootLogin Yes
Password Authentication Yes
Save and Exit Nano
sysrc sshd_enable=yes
service sshd start

D

dlavigne

A more secure way (without logging in as root) is also available in the "Accessing a Jail Using SSH Instead of its Shell Icon" section of the User Guide.

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
My request isn't asking how to do it, it's to make it easier. Ctrl-key combos don't work (apparently only Chrome) accessing the GUI Shell console. Which makes it difficult to edit the config files.

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
Perhaps I misunderstood the purpose of the feature request section of the forum. I thought it was a place to list requested improvements.

I really appreciate the help. I truly do, but the point here is that there are a lot of hoops and I was suggesting that an easier way would be nice.

D

dlavigne

This section is for discussing feature requests. Actual feature requests need to be made at bugs.freenas.org. If you make one for this discussion, post the issue number here.

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
Thank you for the clarification. Apologies for my confusion.

D

dlavigne

No problem. I just updated the description for the sub-forum to make it clearer.

Status
Not open for further replies.