Only ONE of my Windows 10 Machines fails login credentials

taekwonjudo

Dabbler
Hey Community.

I'm really hoping you guys can help me troubleshoot a baffling situation.

I have a Freenas System running 11.3 and multiple computers in my house that connect to the system.

I haven't had any issue connecting to the system with at least 6 machines (most running windows 10). I have ONE windows. 10 machine that refuses to accept the credentials. I know I have the user name and password correct as it's the same login I've used on the other 6 machines.

The error given is "The user name or password is incorrect".

Does anyone have ANY idea what could cause this one machine to have this issue?

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
I've seen cases where somehow settings in Windows have been changed from defaults so that it will try to use NTLMv1 for auth. We reject this. One way to check to see if things are the way you think they are is to set the following auxiliary parameter under Services->SMB log level = 1, auth_audit:5

taekwonjudo

Dabbler
Thanks for the response anodos.

I added the above command as instructed... still no change..

... correction... no change on the troublesome computer. On all of my other computers, I now no longer have permission... is that expected?

Attachments

• screen1.jpg
    screen1.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 190

taekwonjudo

Dabbler
... I got access again on all of the other machines (Looks like permissions had gotten changed somehow.... but still have the issue of the ONE machine not liking the login credentials...

Does anyone else have any other ideas I can try to get the bottom of this?

taekwonjudo

Dabbler
I guess if no one has any other ideas, I'm left with the only alternative... format the PC :/....

shabbir

Cadet
I have the same issue...Window 10 says the wrong credential though I am sure the credentials are correct. Please help