Windows PCs only let me map one share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

oguruma

Patron
I have a total of 5 windows PCs on the network. I have two CIFS shares on the Freenas box, both set up as "owner:nobody". Two of the Windows machines let me map both of the CIFS shares without issue. On the other 3 machines, I can map one of the CIFS shares, but when I attempt to map the other share, I get prompted for the network credentials. Since both of the shares are set up as nobody as the owner, why am I getting prompted for the network credentials? The credentials for the Freenas box don't work..

Yatti420

Wizard
DIffernet accounts on the windows side? Different OS versions.. etc.. Need more info here..

oguruma

Patron
DIffernet accounts on the windows side? Different OS versions.. etc.. Need more info here..

The issue persists across Windows 7 and Windows 10. Meaning, two machines that run Windows 7 have the issue, and one machine running Windows 10 has the issue.

I am not sure what you mean by different accounts? Both shares are set up identically in terms of permissions, though, but 3 of the machines can only map one share and not the other.

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
I have two CIFS shares on the Freenas box,
Why do you need two CIFS Shares? Just make one, then in Windows Explorer create the folders and assign Groups rights to the folders. Bingo, Bango, Bongo..

oguruma

Patron
It is two different datasets. One of them is for my media (RAID0). The other is for my photos and other stuff.

solarisguy

Guru
@oguruma, need more data. For example:

So you have three Windows 7 machines and two Windows 10 machines?

Is your local network on all of them defined as either Home network or Work network ? Is it the same on all 5 of them?

oguruma

Patron
I have 3 windows 10 machines and 2 Windows 7 machines. Two windows 10 machines map both shares without issue. All of the Windows 7 machines have the issue, and can only map only one share. There is also a Windows 10 machine that has the problem. All of the networks are defined as Home network.

Status
Not open for further replies.