Only first connected OpenVPN user works untill reboot

Maaggel

Cadet
After alot of planning, I've finally made a home NAS using TrueNAS Core 12.0-U8.1. (two Ironwolf 4tb drives in "Raid 1").

It's working well, but I'm trying to make it so that I can access it remotely using OpenVPN with certificated using .ovpn files.

I'm quite the noob when it comes to TrueNAS, and I think I need some help debugging a problem.

I've created 3 users, so that I can revoke access if needed, but the problem is that only the very first user that connects to the NAS works - and this then persists untill I reboot the NAS.

As far as I can see everything is set up exactly the same for alle users! They have the same settings, belong to the same group, and I've created CAs and Certificates for each.

I've attached the configurations I use for all 3 users, only thing that differs are the name, email and home folder (I've tried using "/nonexistent" as home folders, but that didn't change anything).

I hope someone can help me, and if needed I will, of cause, provide more information about how I've configured my NAS!

Kind regards
Maaggel

Attachments

• nas_user.JPG
    nas_user.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 70

homer27081990

Patron
There are similar issues with openVPN these days, from Ubiquity security gateways to, well, TrueNAS. I would try installing an earlier version of OpenVPN. Also, search for this in general, you will find many more with this specific issue and not on truenas.

Maaggel

Cadet
Thank you for the response :)

I can't seem to find other users with this problem on OpenVPN in general? Can you perhaps help me with a link to a Google search? :)
And I'm quite new to the whole TrueNAS experience.

Normally I would just use apt-get update etc. to get the newest package, and then update OpenVPN, but since I'm using the build in service that came with TrueNAS, I'm not sure the process for updating og downgrading are the same?