Omada auto-detect

tsaG

Dabbler
Hey!

I wanted to use the Omada App to manage my TP-Link routers. I installed it but it can not find any Devices in the Net. I read something similar with Home-Assistant that it would not be possible to use some kind of "auto-detect" in the net when running it in a Truenas app container. Does anyone know how to fix this? Unfortunately, I cant add the devices manually/via IP into Omada...

I already tried to run the App in the host-network but then it wont even deploy ("0/1 nodes are available: 1 node(s) didn't have free ports for the requested pod ports.")

Thanks!

Apkallu

Cadet
I've got the same issue.

I installed the Truecharts app and it won't find my Router, switches and accesspoint. If i fire up a windows VM and install the Omada Software Controller however, it finds them immediately.

I have the standard configuration and assigned an IP using Metallb.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
It's probably using broadcast... tricky for kubernetes networking.

Are you using a bridge interface for your kubernetes network?

Apkallu

Cadet
It's probably using broadcast... tricky for kubernetes networking.

Are you using a bridge interface for your kubernetes network?
Thank you for replying on the subject sretalla.

I have not done any special network configuration, other than setting up Metallb. To be completely honest I'm not sure how to do that. Judging by a quick forum search it seems to be a tricky territory that could either be a great learning opportunity, or it could result in some other trouble.

Are there any guides you could advice to follow, or I'm I better off just accepting the overhead of a windows virtualization?

sretalla