Odd HDD / Pool Performance

m1k3y1985

Cadet
Rig Details:

• Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution
  • CPU: Intel i5-2400
  • RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengence (4x 4GB)
  • Hard drives: Boot OS SK Hynix 128GB SSD*, 1x Toshiba NVME PCI-E 3.0 1TB SSD (Via PCI-E x4 converter), 8x Western Digital 4TB WD4001FYYG+ 2x Spare Disks (SAS RAID, RAIDZ2 with SSD Cache (Toshiba NVME), 4x Seagate 10TB ST10000NM0096 (SATA RAID RAIDZ2)
  • Hard disk: Onboard ACHI Set SATA 6GB (All Disks with *), 2x Dell H200 flashed with LSI IT Firmware (All Disks with +)
  • Network cards: Dual Onboard Intel NIC's (Intel 82574L, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)Intel 82579, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s) )
  • Plus 2x Intel 1GB PCI-E x1 Cards
Hopefully a quick question.

I have setup a new TrueNAS box so a bit of a TrueNAS NEWB. I am having an interesting issue with data transfer.

If I move data onto my SATA RAID (4x 10TB HDD's) I am getting max throughput for my 1GB LAN and at this time happy with this (Going to look into LAGG later if compatible with my CISCO Switch).However when I do the same onto the SAS RAID I start well at full throughput again but at about 45-50% the speed drops to anywhere from several kb to 30-40mb. I have the shell etc open on a monitor next to me and there are no errors shown. I have tried this with and without the NVME SSD as Cache and it makes no difference.

I am confused as its on the same controllers as the other pool and I am under the belief that SAS is better than SATA (At least that's how its always been in business for me). So I am sure we can rule out LAN and HBA's based on this. Does anyone have any suggestions or things I could try?

Thanks in advance.