TrueNAS Crashes/Reboot loop after deleting a VM.

mikebru10

Cadet
My TrueNAS server keeps rebooting after trying to Delete a VM and the related storage. I am new to TrueNas but my server has been running pretty stable for several months. I created a Windows VM several weeks ago and forgot about it. I decided to delete the VM and the accompanying devices and storage since I hadn't used it but when I did the server crashed and has been rebooting ever since.

My Setup
TrueNAS Core 12.0-U5
Motherboard: Supermicro X9DRH-iTF E-ATX
CPU: 2x E5-2620V1 2x10GB NICs
RAM: 64Gb - 4x SAMSUNG M393B2G70BH0-CK0 16GB 2Rx4 DDR3 PC3-12800R ECC RDIMM Server Memory RAM
Hard Drives:
  • Boot Drive: 1x 240Gb SANDisk SSD
  • Storage Drives
    • Pool0: 8x Toshiba 3Tb drive
      • RaidZ
    • Pool1: 2 1.5TB HGST Drives
      • Raid1
Storage Controller: LSI MegaRAID 9240-8i 8-port SAS SATA RAID Controller M1015 46M0861
NIC: integrated dual Intel 10Gb.

I have logged into the Console and it looks like it is booting just fine, however after getting to the Boot TrueNAS screen it looks like it is starting to load hardware stuff and then it reboots. it has been doing this for several hours at this point.

Please help!!!

mikebru10

Cadet
Ok, can anyone tell me if I can simply reinstall the OS on the boot drive, I Don't have any reason to think the data volumes have been compromised. The only real issue is it keeps rebooting.

The idea is if I can remove the data drives and reinstall TrueNAS, then re-add or adapt the existing volumes would the data be accessible? Or would I be deleting the data on the data disks when I bring them back into TrueNAS?

Please help. So far there have been 85 people review my post but no response yet. I have read the documentation but I still don't quite understand.

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
I'm sorry but I am far from expert in Free/TrueNAS as I do not activle use it. I use ZFS on my FreeBSD box. I cannot say much of anything about how things work for TrueNAS, but I believe that it *should * be possible to import or re-mount your data drives. It would certainly be helpful to have a copy of your present configuration or some notes on how you had set it up, so you can be sure it is back as you had it later.

I see its been like 10 days since your initial post, hopefully others who know a lot more than me can add their two cents or dollar fifty or whatever they have to this thread. :D