Pass-through Volumes not appearing in TrueNAS anymore

Aethred

Dabbler
Hi! This is my third post concerning my TrueNAS installation as I've run into a myriad of problems trying to set this up (I'm an intern and my knowledge is limited, if ever growing).
I am running the latest version of TrueNAS on a Debian 10 VM hosted on a ProxMox server. I want the disks used on TrueNAS to be taken from our Dell Storage Center SAN. For this purpose, I've passed-through my Dell's SAS HBAs to my ProxMox Server, along with two 75Tb volumes to go with it that will be used for SMB shares:

1631023223696.png

(above image is my ProxMox Server (CRCT-NAS) in our Storage Center Client)

1631023418643.png

(above image is my SAS HBAs passed-through to my ProxMox Server along with the volumes)
1631023534604.png

(above image is my HBAs passed to my TrueNAS VM in ProxMox)

For a few days, my disks were appearing in the TrueNAS web interface. However, today we tried rebooting the TrueNAS VM to see if that would help with AD integration (it didn't) and suddenly my disks were offline! I tried rebooting again to see if that would make a difference, deleting the now offline volumes then rebooting again, rebooting my Dell SC, removing server and volume objects in my Dell SC Client and reconfiguring them again...

Reading different posts on this forum, I tried this command in the TrueNAS Shell, but have no idea what the output means, just that it's related to disks on boot:
1631025876386.png

1631025910404.png

1631026007997.png

This command that lists disks shows that the volumes haven't been detected:
1631026158194.png

As does this one:
1631026186197.png

Nothing works. I have no idea where to go from here, has anyone had some experience with this setup? I'm getting kind of desperate aha

Evertb1

Guru
Do your self a big favor and read what you can about TrueNAS, the ZFS file system and everything about virtualization of TrueNAS you can find. I don't even know where to start helping you. You need knowlegde before you start to toy around and expect good results. And while there are a lot of helpful people on the forum you need to do some work your self gathering the needed knowledge.

ChrisRJ

Wizard
In addition to what @Evertb1 rightly suggested, it would be helpful to know whether this is a learning project or something that should end up in production for critical workloads. In case of the latter I recommend to abandon it right now. ZFS needs direct access to the disks and a SAN, by definition, prevents that. Even if you can make things seemingly(!) work at the beginning, it will not be a reliable solution.